SAMPLE ENTRY-LEVEL JOB LISTING: Special Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
Fair Fight is a national voter rights organization rooted in Georgia. We are the nation’s only organization focused on promoting free and fair elections through litigation, legislation, and advocacy, bringing high-impact campaign strategies to this urgent work.
To do this, we seek a talented Special Assistant to support our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in helping Fair Fight to meet its ambitious goals.
What You’ll Do
As the CEO’s Special Assistant, you’d be expected to:
- Create and manage systems to help the CEO maximize her time and move action items forward;
- Assist the CEO with research, draft emails and other day-to-day communications, and proofread these communications as requested;
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and meeting prep processes to ensure she can maximize each meeting in service of Fair Fight’s goals; and
- Complete expense reports.
Who You Are
We’re seeking a detail-oriented do-er that can handle a high volume of work with a large capacity to learn new things quickly and a problem-solving spirit of yes.
Additionally, our ideal candidate will identify as:
- Exceptionally organized and high-capacity. The ideal candidate has a proven ability to manage a high volume of competing and cross-functional work without dropping balls.
- Urgent, flexible, and responsive. The ideal candidate communicates early and often, closes the loop quickly on outstanding issues, and manages up well to team leaders and the CEO.
- Strong communicator, with exceptionally clear writing. The ideal candidate carefully adapts their written and verbal communications to meet the needs of stakeholders. Their emails are concise, clear, tone-appropriate and error-free.
- Mature and trustworthy. The ideal candidate has a track record of holding privileged information in close confidence and showing maturity and a positive, solutions-oriented approach under pressure.
- Experienced in a fast-paced support role. The ideal candidate has experience successfully supporting busy senior leaders in an administrative or call-time support role, with campaign or fundraising-related support experience highly preferred.
- Strong relationship builder. The ideal candidate can build relationships quickly across the team in order to maximize the collection or movement of information, logistics, scheduling items for the CEO and other pieces of the work.
- Detailed researcher. The ideal candidate can complete detailed, timely research and present clear and concise findings on a range of special projects with organization-wide impact.
- Proficient utilizing essential tools. The ideal candidate must have strong knowledge of MS Office and Google Suite. Knowledge of NGP and Blue State Digital is highly preferred.
- Thrives in a diverse, mission-driven workplace. The ideal candidate appreciates how voter suppression targets marginalized communities and communities of color and operates in a way that reflects Fair Fight’s belief in diversity as a strength and respect for all.
Working At Fair Fight
This position is in Decatur, Georgia. The salary band for this position is competitive for organizations of our size in metro Atlanta, and is commensurate with the quality and breadth of experience the successful candidate brings to the table. In addition, we offer paid time off and health benefits to all full-time employees.