SAMPLE ENTRY-LEVEL JOB LISTING: Analyst, Risk Management (Entry Level)
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Risk Management
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
TYPE OF JOB: Full time; Non-exempt
LOCATION: US – Maryland - Bethesda
About Calvert Impact Capital:
Calvert Impact Capital invests to create a more equitable and sustainable world. Through our products and services, we raise capital from individual and institutional investors to finance intermediaries and funds that are investing in communities left out of traditional capital markets. During our 22-year history, we have mobilized nearly $2 billion of investor capital.
Calvert Impact Capital, an impact investment industry leader based in Bethesda, MD, has been named one of the top organizations changing the world by Fast Company. Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for making a difference in the world by helping underserved communities. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes a medical and dental, healthcare and transportation subsidy, and 401K plan.
Calvert Impact Capital is seeking to fill a full-time position on its Risk Management team. Risk Management ensures adherence to Calvert Impact Capital’s credit risk, loan monitoring, and operational policies and procedures. The position provides an opportunity to work inside an industry-leading organization with a successful track record and history of innovation in the dynamic field of impact investing. The role requires someone with strong financial modeling, analytic and project management skills, and the ability to be nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual must also be able to provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and share a commitment to the mission of the organization.
Responsible for providing data aggregation and analytical support for all aspects of monitoring Calvert Impact Capital’s credit, operational, and enterprise risk, including:
- Provide support in the coordination and structuring of portfolio reports related to:
- Quarterly portfolio quality and performance reports for internal and external audiences
- Quarterly board meeting reports
- Design and implementation of new reporting needs as they arise
- Update and maintain master risk rating tool database
- Perform quarterly or semi-annual recalibrations of risk rating tool/default probability tool
- Support design and implementation metrics related to the enterprise risk management program
- Support risk management processes and portfolio monitoring tools (e.g., sector reviews, portfolio performance monitoring)
- Schedule and coordinate monthly Watch List meetings
- Schedule and coordinate monthly Risk Management Committee meetings
- Assist with the review of credit applications as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Attention to detail, organization and high quality work product.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with people internally and externally.
- Solid team player, with the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic and innovative organization.
- Commitment to Calvert Impact Capital’s mission of positively impacting communities in the U.S. and around the world.
- Degree in business administration or equivalent.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and tools (such as R) a plus.